Where I come from, there’s usually a couple of pans/dishes of mac and cheese as part of each holiday food spread.
While some deem it as an unimpressive mixture of noodles and cheese, for me mac and cheese is a decadent comfort food that warms my soul, and transports me to a place of nostalgic solace.
This holiday season, or whenever you feel like it, enjoy this spicy three-cheese mac and share with your loved ones.
Three-Cheese Spicy Mac
Cheesy, spicy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness!
- 1.5 lbs large elbow macaroni
- 16 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs salted butter
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half
- Tony Chacere’s MORE SPICE Seasoning
- 1.5 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1.5 cup Gouda Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions, using chicken broth instead of water. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in the macaroni pot on medium heat.
- Add in the evaporated milk and half and half, and stir to combine.
- Add in cooked macaroni, stirring to coat noodles with milk mixture.
- Stir in all of the gouda cheese, half a cup of mozzarella, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Season mixture with MORE SPICE seasoning, and stir to mix well.
- Once cheese melts, turn off the heat.
- Spray aluminum pan or glass baking dish with olive oil.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into the dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on a middle oven rack.
- Take out macaroni and cheese, sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese and mozzarella on top.
- Place baking dish back into the oven on the top rack, and broil on high for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.