You can never have too many quick-and-easy dinner ideas for when life gets busy! A good chicken and rice meal always comes in clutch!
I have a new love and her name is Chimichurri. It’s the best dressing that pairs well with both poultry and read meats! It’s rich with fresh herbs like cilantro and parsley, with a kick of jalapeño or crushed red pepper. I’m personally a fan of bon appétit’s chimichurri recipe.
This simple sauce serves as the perfect marinade to chicken, providing a full-flavored, juicy taste with every bite!
As with many chicken meals, you can pretty much pair it with anything! This time I whipped up Tony Chachere’s Butter & Herb Rice Dinner Mix. The herb flavor and savory butter undertone of the rice was an amazing compliment to the roasted chicken!
Chimichurri Chicken with Butter & Herb Rice
A super quick-and-easy chicken and rice dinner you're going to love!
- Bon appétit’s chimichurri sauce
- 4-5 chicken leg quarters, or cut of choice
- Cooking oil spray
- Tony Chachere’s Spice N’ Herbs Seasoning, to taste
- Tony Chachere’s Butter & Herb Dinner Mix
- Prepare chimichurri sauce according to bon appétit’s chimichurri recipe and set aside.
- Put the chicken in a baking dish or bowl, and season generously with Tony’s seasoning.
- Coat chicken with chimichurri sauce, rubbing it all in to ensure it’s fully covered, even under the skin; cover bowl or baking dish and let marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once marinating is complete, Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a grilling rack. Coat rack with cooking oil spray and place chicken pieces on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear and skin is crispy.
- While chicken is cooking prepare dinner mix according to package instructions.