Something about Spring that brings out my love for fresh vegetables. These amazing bell peppers are stuffed with a healthy chicken and rice mix and topped with mozzarella!
Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers are great if you’re trying to stick to your fitness goals!
For this dish you want to pick out large bell peppers and they can be green, yellow, orange, red or a combination!
This is another great recipe that can be changed up to align with your preference of taste and protein! Swap out chicken for beef or shrimp!
Chicken and Rice-Stuffed Peppers
A healthy and hearty dish perfect for Springtime dinners!
- 3 large bell peppers, sliced in half
- 1lb of ground chicken
- 1/2 half can of rotel (diced tomatoes and green chiles)
- 1.5 cup cooked brown basmati rice
- 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- olive oil
- Slice bell peppers in half and parboil for about 2-3 minutes.Transfer to an ice bath for about 5 minutes, then set on a cooling rack, cut side down to drain. Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Add olive oil to skillet, once heated add in ground chicken and season with Tony Chachere’s.
- Once almost cooked through, add in all onions, and the half can of rotel, and stir. Let cook until onions are soft and chicken is cooked through. Then, stir in cooked rice.
- Arrange peppers on a baking sheet or in a large oven-safe skillet. Fill the cavity of each pepper with chicken and rice mixture.
- Set oven to broil and make sure one of the racks is in dead center of the oven.
- Cover each pepper with mozzarella. Once oven is preheated, add in peppers. Monitor broiling and take peppers out of oven once cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Transfer to serving plates and top with more green onions.